An erratic throw can change the score of a ballgame. It can also do some serious dental damage, which is why it’s a good idea to wear a mouthguard every time you play. According to the American Dental Association, athletes not wearing mouthguards are 60 times more likely to suffer dental damage. Don’t be an unfortunate statistic! Get a custom athletic mouthguard from Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS.
Yes, we know you can buy mouthguards in a store. However, they just don’t work as well as custom mouthguards. Here are five reasons why:
- Meet ADA Standards – Our mouthguards meet the high standards developed by the American Dental Association and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Most store-bought mouthguards do not.
- Have a More Comfortable Fit – Your custom mouthguard will fit like it’s made for you – because it is. Since it’s made using dental impressions, it will fit perfectly. It’s important to use a mouthguard every time you hit the field, so you’ll want one you won’t mind wearing.
- No DIY Fit Adjustments – If you’ve had a store-bought mouthguard, you’re probably familiar with the hassle of trying to get the fit right yourself using a “boil-and-bite” process. What a hassle! With custom mouthguards, there’s no need.
- Can Accommodate Special Needs – Getting the right fit is especially tricky if you have braces or other orthodontia. But it’s not a problem with a custom-made appliance.
- Backed by Our Know-How – Different sports require different types of protection. Our dentists will make sure you get a mouthguard that’s appropriate for your activity.
Interested in a custom athletic mouthguard? Call 219-641-3422 today to schedule an appointment for a fitting in Crown Point, IN.