- Keep teeth safe from sports injuries
- Breathe easier at night & stop snoring
- Stop a damaging teeth grinding habit
Most mouthguards fit in the palm of your hand. For something so small, they do a great deal of good. Our dentists can fit you for custom mouthguards in Crown Point that:Stop grinding and save your teeth Read Transcript
Stop grinding and save your teeth
Mouth guards can help patients that might be involved in sports to protect the teeth, especially front, the anterior teeth where they're more prone to getting hit, chipped, fractured. Night guards are good for people that might experience pain when they wake up because they clench or grind. It might be in the TMJ. It might just be the signs of wearing and chipping teeth, so at night we can have them wearing a bruxism appliance and that can take a lot of wear and tear off the teeth. Kids playing athletics, adults playing athletics. If you get hit in the mouth, if you could fracture those front teeth, that can lead to some pretty big complications. That might even mean you're going to be missing teeth. Then you have to restore them with implants, bridges and sometimes, if that's not possible, we might have to go with a different solution.
Bruxism appliances are really nice because lots of patients, lots of people, everyone has stress. We clench, we grind and it can cause some damage to the teeth. Wear and tear. It might even cause chipping and cracking. Or it might just mean you wake up in the morning and the muscles are sore, the joints sore, and that can alleviate some of that, if we protect our teeth with a bruxism appliance. If the kids are playing sports, if you're involved in athletics, if you're waking up in the morning with sore muscles, or you think you're clenching or grinding, or even if your partner snores at night, we can do something about that most often. So come on in, see us, and we'll give you our best opinion.
- Protect your teeth during athletic activities
- Prevent you from grinding your teeth (bruxism), which can cause jaw pain and headaches as well as damage your teeth
- Help you get a better night’s rest by keeping your airway open while you sleep
Call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422 to schedule your fitting for a custom mouthguard. We can take impressions of your teeth and fit you for a mouthguard in just 10 minutes! We can even do it at your dental exam, if you’d like.
Benefit From a Unique Mouthguard for Your Unique Smile
Whether you want to stop snoring at night or protect your teeth from off-the-mark throws during sports, you can buy mouthguards at retail stores. Many are placed in boiling water before wearing them in an effort to mold them into your mouth. But “boil-and-bite” mouthguards simply don’t fit as well as a mouthguard made especially for you, using our careful measurements of your mouth.
In addition to a custom fit, your mouthguard will feature:
- Advanced Technology – For example, we use the TAP 3 anti-snoring guard to make it easier for you to breathe – and sleep without snoring – at night. Our dentists adjust it so you get a comfortable fit that positions your jaw in a way that prevents your tongue or soft tissue in your throat from blocking your airway while you sleep.
- On-Site Troubleshooting – We back our custom mouthguards with our knowledge. Unlike an over-the-counter mouthguard, our dentists can adjust your fit as needed and troubleshoot any problems that may need to be remedied.
Your mouthguards in Crown Point will work better if you use them properly, and we’re happy to help ensure that you do! To find out more about custom mouthguards, call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422.