Most mouthguards fit in the palm of your hand. For something so small, they do a great deal of good. Our dentists can fit you for custom mouthguards in Crown Point that:Mouthguards at VB&K DDS, LLC Read Transcript
Mouthguards are generally fabricated to prevent someone from grinding and wearing their teeth. There's also athletic mouthguards, which is a total different thing. A lot of people clench their teeth and grind them at night, so we make mouthguards that insert in your mouth. One of two things happen is you grind the mouthguard instead of your teeth, or your brain gets a signal, 'Hey, there's something in there, let's just not grind at all.' Brux guards is the technical term for what we do, trying to make them so that they're comfortable and not bulky so you can fall asleep with this thing in your mouth.
- Protect your teeth during athletic activities
- Prevent you from grinding your teeth (bruxism), which can cause jaw pain and headaches as well as damage your teeth
- Help you get a better night’s rest by keeping your airway open while you sleep
Call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422 to schedule your fitting for a custom mouthguard. We can take impressions of your teeth and fit you for a mouthguard in just 10 minutes! We can even do it at your dental exam, if you’d like.
Benefit From a Unique Mouthguard for Your Unique Smile
Whether you want to stop snoring at night or protect your teeth from off-the-mark throws during sports, you can buy mouthguards at retail stores. Many are placed in boiling water before wearing them in an effort to mold them into your mouth. But “boil-and-bite” mouthguards simply don’t fit as well as a mouthguard made especially for you, using our careful measurements of your mouth.
In addition to a custom fit, your mouthguard will feature:
- Advanced Technology – For example, we use the TAP 3 anti-snoring guard to make it easier for you to breathe – and sleep without snoring – at night. Our dentists adjust it so you get a comfortable fit that positions your jaw in a way that prevents your tongue or soft tissue in your throat from blocking your airway while you sleep.
- On-Site Troubleshooting – We back our custom mouthguards with our knowledge. Unlike an over-the-counter mouthguard, our dentists can adjust your fit as needed and troubleshoot any problems that may need to be remedied.
Your mouthguards in Crown Point will work better if you use them properly, and we’re happy to help ensure that you do! To find out more about custom mouthguards, call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422.