Unlike a cosmetic dental procedure or even a dental cleaning, chances are you aren’t going to get excited about a root canal. But you don’t need to worry about it, either! If an infected tooth has you in pain, root canals in Crown Point will eliminate your discomfort.Calm pain free care Read Transcript
A root canal is needed because there's damage to the inside of the tooth, whether it be that it's dead and starting to abscess or it's broken and the nerve is exposed. Either way, that's going to cause a lot of pain. We can usually get you in really quick, and at the very least, do the first step of a root canal to get you out of pain. Once the root canal is complete, the tooth should function almost as good as new once we cover it with the restoration, whether that be a crown or a bridge or just a really good filling. Root canals have a bad name, and there's really not a reason for that. A root canal isn't what causes the pain. People usually remember the pain they have before they need a root canal. A root canal is meant to relieve the pain. We here at the office are going to make sure we can get you plenty numb, make you as comfortable as possible, and do the root canal so that you can keep the tooth rather than have to have it taken out.
Root canal treatment will also:
- Allow you to keep your tooth so you won’t have an unattractive gap in your smile
- Restore your tooth’s full functionality so you can chew and eat in comfort again
- Enable you to recover more quickly and easily than if you had a tooth extracted
- Help you avoid the expense of tooth replacements like a dental implant or a dental bridge
- Protect your tooth against further damage
If your tooth hurts and you think it might be infected, call 219-641-3422.
Don’t Worry About Discomfort With Root Canal Therapy
A root canal procedure will get you out of pain, not cause it. That’s especially true in our office because our dentists use the latest technology, like 3D imaging and panoramic imaging that enables us to precisely assess the condition of your tooth before starting your procedure. Even better, we don’t have to put anything in your mouth to obtain the images.
- We use electric handpieces to make the procedure as quick and comfortable as possible.
- If you have latex allergies, you can rest easy as our office is a latex-free environment.
- We’ll walk you through what to expect during and after your root canal.
- You’ll receive local anesthesia to numb your mouth so you won’t feel any pain.
Enjoy Customized Comfort Options During Root Canal Treatment
Our caring staff is happy to work with you to do whatever it takes to make you comfortable for your root canal procedure. They can schedule a longer appointment for you or offer you comfort options like soothing warm towels. You can also watch TV while we work. Thanks to our extended hours, you can get your procedure done during a quiet time, like early morning or later in the evening.
To talk to our dentists about root canals in Crown Point, call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422.