Life can do a real number of your teeth, causing dental damage that can make you feel self-conscious about your smile. In addition to impairing your smile’s appearance, damaged or missing teeth can affect its functionality too. You might find it tough to chew certain foods or speak clearly. Fortunately, we can repair your smile with restorative dentistry in Crown Point.Restorative Dentistry at VB&K DDS, LLC Read Transcript
There's many ways to restore your tooth. You might know about fillings— that's one way. We do the white-color fillings here. So, we match the color of the tooth. They're really nice, strong materials that last a good, long time, provided you take really good care of your teeth. Sometimes, we can't do that, we need to cover that tooth. Something with, what we would call, a “crown.” What that does, it just covers the tooth and makes the tooth stronger. We can use it in a porcelain shade to match your teeth. It just makes the teeth look beautiful. Bridges are another thing that you may have heard of that we can be either cemented, just like a crown can, or it can be removable, such as a partial denture. For the patients that don't have any teeth, we can do dentures, do top and bottom. We can have implants that help hold those dentures in. There's many way to restore your smile and everyone has a unique, unique problem that we can take care of.
Our restorative dentists can:
- Mend cavities and remove decay without a drill
- Replace missing teeth
- Fix issues like cracks, breaks, and severe decay
- Save a tooth that has become infected
- Relieve pain caused by dental damage
- Make your smile fully functional again
We’ll return your teeth to optimal health. Call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422 for a free restorative dentistry consultation.
Restorative Dental Care Fixes Your Dental Damage
Here are some common dental problems along with the restorative dentistry services that Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC use to remedy them:
- Cavities – Composite tooth fillings blend seamlessly with your smile. We don’t even need a drill to repair small cavities with them. Instead, we use air pressure to quickly and painlessly remove decay. Most patients don’t even require anesthesia! For larger cavities, we can place tooth-colored inlays or onlays.
- Tooth Infection – Our dentists remove infected pulp from the inner “canal” of your infected tooth during a root canal procedure, then fill it with an inert material. We usually seal the tooth with a dental crown to protect it from further damage.
- Breaks or Cracks – We use dental crowns made of high-quality zirconia to fix major dental damage, including cracks, breaks, and severe decay. Crowns can also conceal cosmetic flaws like misshapen or discolored teeth.
Replace Missing Teeth With Restorative Dental Treatments
- Dental Implants – Replace any number of teeth by restoring implants with dentures, dental bridges, or dental crowns. One of the biggest advantages of dental implants is how they help prevent bone loss. A restoration attached to an implant also offers nearly as much biting power as a natural tooth.
- Dentures – This restoration offers an affordable way to replace several missing teeth or a whole mouthful of missing teeth. We even offer immediate dentures that you can wear while you wait for your final dentures to be fabricated.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge can replace a single missing tooth or several missing teeth. Some people find a bridge more convenient than dentures since it doesn’t need to be removed for cleaning.