We place a lot of dental crowns and bridges in Crown Point – and it’s no wonder, given how well they work for repairing all kinds of dental damage, including missing teeth. Unlike a partial denture, a fixed dental bridge doesn’t need to be removed for cleaning. We can even attach dental bridges to dental implants for added stability.
Because they are so popular, we use zirconia for these versatile dental restorations. Zirconia works well because:
- There’s no dark line. Porcelain crowns are sometimes fused to a metal base, leaving a visible dark line at your gumline. You won’t have a dark line with zirconia.
- It’s highly durable. With proper care, zirconia should last decades longer than porcelain.
- It’s biocompatible. Compared to metal and other materials, there is a very low likelihood of an allergic reaction to zirconia.
- It requires less alteration of your tooth. With a zirconia dental crown, you’ll be able to keep more of your existing tooth.
- It looks natural. Zirconia is more translucent than porcelain, so it appears more like your own tooth enamel.
Inlays & Onlays Can Fix “In-Between” Dental Damage
If your tooth is too damaged for a filling but not damaged enough for a dental crown, our dentists at Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC can use an inlay or an onlay. We also often use these restorations when we need to remove and replace old fillings. An inlay fits inside the edges of your tooth’s surface, while an onlay extends over the edges of your tooth. Either way, your tooth is protected from further damage.
Need to fix dental damage? Call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422 to see if we can repair it with dental crowns and bridges in Crown Point.