Dental implant solutions from Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC can improve many things about your life including:Dental Implants at VB&K DDS, LLC Read Transcript
The beauty of implants is they are about the closest we can do to mimicking a natural tooth. They're sturdy and they often are a lifetime solution. They're about the best thing you can do to replace a tooth. In some ways, they're more conservative because we don't have to irreversibly modify other teeth to anchor another tooth. Its a stand-alone restoration that doesn't require other teeth to be modified. We're always running into the decision, “Do I want an implant or a bridge?” Dental insurances don't always pay for implants. You have to explain the value in it, that if you have an implant instead of a bridge, the two teeth you would have used for a bridge are undisturbed. I always say, “Sometimes the best dental work is no dental work.” If you don't have to irreversibly modify a tooth, don't. That's what implants allow us to do.
- Your confidence when you smile
- Your ability to chew the foods you love
- Your overall satisfaction with your replacement teeth
- and much more!
Dental implants are the most effective solution for your missing tooth or teeth. You can spend the rest of your life struggling with other types of tooth replacement, or you can ask us about dental implants right now! All you need to do is call our office at 219-641-3422 for a free dental implant consultation. Our Crown Point, IN dentists from Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC can help determine whether dental implants are right for you and which restorations will work well with your implants.
Dental Implant Benefits Include Longevity
With proper care, the dental implant should last a lifetime. And unlike dentures, you’ll never need to adjust the fit. They have many other benefits too, including:
- No embarrassing slippage. Dental implants are embedded in your jaw, so they’ll stay in place. Implants provide a stable foundation for the restoration of your choice.
- No modification of natural teeth. With a traditional dental bridge, we need to modify your adjacent teeth. No modification is needed for a dental implant.
- Help preserve your bone structure. Just like a real tooth root, a dental implant stimulates your jawbone. This helps avoid the bone shrinkage that can happen with dentures or a dental bridge.
- No complicated cleaning routine. Caring for your dental implants couldn’t be easier. For implants with dental crowns or bridges, you just brush and floss as usual.
- A strong bite. Thanks to their permanent position in your jaw, you’ll enjoy a bite nearly as strong as before.
Dental Implants: A Tooth Replacement That Lasts for Life
Like other dental treatments, the first step toward dental implants is a free consultation with Dr. Mark Van Buskirk or Dr. Michael Krischke in Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC in Crown Point, IN. During your consult, they’ll assess you using the latest technology, including panoramic imaging to help determine the strength of your jaw.
Even if you don’t have enough bone density for full-size dental implants, you have options. For example, we can perform a bone graft to spur new bone growth in your jaw.
If we decide to use full-size dental implants, our dentists will use imaging to locate the most secure position to place your implants and then embed the implants directly into your jawbone. We’ll numb you with local anesthesia first, so you won’t feel a thing as we place the implants. We’ll also attach a piece of hardware called an abutment to your implant; it will connect your implant to your chosen dental restoration. We may place material in your tooth socket to encourage healing.
Then at Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC, we wait for your jawbone to heal around the dental implant, a process that usually takes a few months. When your jaw is fully healed, we attach a dental restoration to the abutment. Your choices for a restoration include:
- A dental crown to replace a single missing tooth
- A fixed dental bridge
- Partial or full dentures
Think dental implant may be for you? Call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422 for a free consultation to find out. Or use our online form to book your visit to our Crown Point, IN dentist office.
Our dentists are two of the trusted dentists in Crown Point, IN since Dr. Mark Van Buskirk finished his degree at Indiana University School of Dentistry, while Dr. Michael Krischke earned his DDS from University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry.