Dental implants in Crown Point from Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC can improve many things about your life, including:Beautiful natural looking replacements Read Transcript
Many times we'll have patients come in with missing teeth. They haven't been to a dentist for so long, they're embarrassed, they're scared, they're worried. Dental implants are a great way to go. More often than not, one way or another, we can get that patient back up to optimal dental health. That might be replacing just a couple of teeth to improve a smile. It might be replacing a lot of teeth to help with function, chewing and even speaking, and it might be because dentures just don't fit right. Then we can make them secure and it'll give the patient more comfort and it's going to give them a better outlook on life. It's life changing, and it has been for several of our patients, and that's pretty rewarding. If you have any questions, any concerns about dental implants, if you want to improve your smile, if you want to improve your function, give us a call. We'll gladly see anyone and talk to them about a consultation. They're always free.
- Your confidence when you smile
- Your ability to chew the foods you love
- Your overall satisfaction with your replacement teeth
- and much more!
Implants are the most effective solution for your missing tooth or teeth. You can spend the rest of your life struggling with other tooth replacements, or you can ask us about implants during a free consultation! Call our office at 219-641-3422 to schedule one. Our dentists can help determine whether implants are right for you and which restorations will work well with your implants.
Dental Implant Advantages Include Longevity
With proper care, a dental implant should last a lifetime. Unlike dentures, you’ll never need to adjust the fit. They have many other benefits too, including:
- No Embarrassing Slippage – Implants are embedded in your jaw, so they’ll stay in place. They provide a stable foundation for the restoration of your choice.
- No Modification of Natural Teeth – With a traditional dental bridge, we need to modify your adjacent teeth. No modification is needed for an implant-supported bridge.
- Stronger Bone Structure – Just like a real tooth root, a dental implant stimulates your jawbone. This helps avoid the bone shrinkage that can happen with dentures or a dental bridge.
- No Complicated Cleaning Routine – Caring for your implants couldn’t be easier. For implants with dental crowns or bridges, you just brush and floss as usual.
- Strong Bite – Thanks to their firm position in your jaw, you’ll enjoy a bite nearly as strong as before, perhaps even stronger.
Implants Can Replace Any Number of TeethDental Implants at VB&K DDS, LLC Read Transcript
The beauty of implants is they are about the closest we can do to mimicking a natural tooth. They're sturdy and they often are a lifetime solution. They're about the best thing you can do to replace a tooth. In some ways, they're more conservative because we don't have to irreversibly modify other teeth to anchor another tooth. Its a stand-alone restoration that doesn't require other teeth to be modified. We're always running into the decision, “Do I want an implant or a bridge?” Dental insurances don't always pay for implants. You have to explain the value in it, that if you have an implant instead of a bridge, the two teeth you would have used for a bridge are undisturbed. I always say, “Sometimes the best dental work is no dental work.” If you don't have to irreversibly modify a tooth, don't. That's what implants allow us to do.
The first step toward implants is a free consultation with our team. They’ll assess you using the latest technology, including 3D and panoramic imaging to help determine the strength of your jaw. Even if you don’t have enough bone density for full-size dental implants, you have options. For example, we can perform a bone graft to spur new bone growth in your jaw, or you may be able to get mini dental implants.
If we decide full-size dental implants are your best option, our dentists will use imaging to locate the most secure position to place your implants and then embed them directly into your jawbone. We’ll numb you with local anesthesia first, so you won’t feel a thing. Then we’ll:
- Attach a piece of hardware called an abutment to your implants; it will connect the implants to your chosen dental restorations.
- Place material in your tooth socket to encourage healing, if needed.
- Wait for your jawbone to heal around the dental implant, a process that usually takes a few months.
- Attach a dental restoration to the abutment once your jaw is fully healed.
Your choices for a restoration include:
- A dental crown to replace a single missing tooth
- A fixed dental bridge
- Partial or full dentures
Think dental implants in Crown Point may be for you? Call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422 for a free consultation to find out.