Well, it all starts in the hygiene department where we help keep you up to date and practicing regular prevention. Prevention is essential because small problems fixed early don’t turn into big problems later.
The services here are comprehensive. It starts in the hygiene department. Then when the dentist comes in and takes a look, you have a treatment plan for any problems that have arisen. Here we can fix just about anything.
Boost Your Dental Health With Preventive Dental Care
Whether it’s been six months or six years since your last dental checkup, regular visits to the dentist keep your oral health in good condition. When you visit our practice, you benefit from our use of the latest technology. For example, sophisticated cavity detectors help us find decay in its earliest stages.
However, our team not only looks for cavities, but other problems like gum disease and oral cancer. During your checkup, we’ll clean plaque from your teeth, focusing on areas that are tough to reach at home. We may include other preventive services, such as:
- Dental Sealants – Protect tough-to-clean back teeth from decay. Using an air abrasion technique, we apply the sealants for a durable bond that should last for years.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fight cavities with a coating of fluoride that strengthens and remineralizes your tooth enamel.
- Mouthguards – You’ll find several types of mouthguards. You can get one that prevents damage and wear-and-tear caused by teeth grinding. Or we can create one that keeps your airways open while you sleep. We can also fit you for a mouthguard to wear during athletic activities.
- Halitosis Treatment – Our dentists will determine the cause of your bad breath and provide products that offer relief. Dry mouth is a common cause. Left untreated, dry mouth can make you more susceptible to tooth decay.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Because you can’t have healthy teeth without healthy gums, we screen for gum disease during every dental exam. If you have gum disease, we’ll treat it with a deep cleaning process called scaling and root planing.