Good oral hygiene habits are the best way to keep your teeth healthy and avoid complicated and costly procedures like root canals. Our general dentist in Crown Point will help keep your teeth in top condition.Comprehensive preventative care Read Transcript
Well, it all starts in the hygiene department where we help keep you up to date and practicing regular prevention. Prevention is essential because small problems fixed early don't turn into big problems later.
The services here are comprehensive. It starts in the hygiene department. Then when the dentist comes in and takes a look, you have a treatment plan for any problems that have arisen. Here we can fix just about anything.
With our general dental care, we can:
- Help keep your teeth free of cavities and gum disease
- Relieve uncomfortable conditions like dry mouth and halitosis
- Protect your teeth from sports injuries
- Suggest dietary changes to improve your oral health and overall health
- Look for warning signs of oral cancer and other problems
To make an appointment for a dental exam from our general dentist, call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422. Our office is open as late as 7:00 p.m.
Protect Your Mouth With Preventive Dental Care
Whether it’s been six months or six years since your last dental exam, our general dentist will give you a thorough once-over. We use some of the latest technology, such as sophisticated cavity detectors that help us find decay in its earliest stages when it’s easiest to treat.
Our team will check you not just for cavities but also for problems like gum disease and oral cancer. During your exam, we’ll clean plaque from your teeth, focusing especially on areas that are tough to reach with a toothbrush and floss at home. Other preventive services include:
- Dental sealants to protect tough-to-clean back teeth from decay. Our dentists use an air abrasion technique to apply the sealants for a durable bond that should last years.
- Fluoride treatments to fight cavities.
- Custom mouthguards to protect your teeth from grinding or to help you get a better night’s rest by keeping your airway open while you sleep. We can also fit you for a mouthguard to wear during athletic activities.
Halitosis (bad breath) is often caused by dry mouth. Our dentists can help determine the cause of your bad breath or dry mouth and provide products that offer relief. Left untreated, dry mouth can make you more susceptible to tooth decay. And because you can’t have healthy teeth without healthy gums, we screen for gum disease during every dental exam. If you have gum disease, we’ll treat it with a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing.