Every smile is different. Whether you’re a parent seeking treatment for a preteen whose teeth are coming in crooked or an adult who wants to straighten your own smile after years of self-consciously concealing your teeth behind your hand, orthodontics in Crown Point will work wonders on your smile. Your orthodontic options include:Orthodontics at VB&K DDS, LLC Read Transcript
We also do orthodontics in the office and again, that's just something that I really enjoy doing because the results ... I think they're life-changing because many times, I've taken a kid or even an adult that has teeth that are just, really crowded or twisted and just turned that smile into something that they're proud of, that they're happy with. Anyone's a candidate for orthodontics. Sometimes it's more involved than others. Sometimes we can do wire and brackets, sometimes we can do a product called Invisalign, which is a series of clear trays that'll move the tooth basically the same way as wire and brackets do. There's also different ways that I might treat a child or an adolescent when we're doing orthodontics. Lots of times, I like to work with the child that's to grow and work with the bone growth, and then once we have the space we need to put the teeth in, we can straighten them. Because that way, if we can do the two phases and work with bone growth and then get the teeth into the right position, we can avoid extracting teeth, we can avoid changing airways and smile lines, just overall facial structure.
- Traditional metal braces
- Clear ceramic braces
We also offer retainers or brackets that can help young children avoid extensive orthodontic treatments in the future, as well as space maintainers that proactively allow their permanent teeth to come in properly. In a free consultation, we will help you determine which solution best fits your needs. To book your consultation, call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC today at 219-641-3422.
Braces Can Solve Many Orthodontic Problems
Traditional metal braces are the most common form of orthodontic treatment, and for good reason. Braces:
- Can solve the broadest range of problems, from minor cosmetic issues to severely misaligned bites
- Are appropriate for all ages, unlike some other teeth straightening options
- Are more affordable than some other options
- Can be customized with different colors for brackets and/or elastic ties
Braces are also more comfortable and effective than you may remember thanks to advancements like smaller brackets, smaller wires, and metals that last longer and require fewer adjustments.
We Offer Less Obvious Orthodontics Options
If you’d prefer an orthodontic option less conspicuous than traditional metal braces, we offer two choices. Both are so discreet that no one may even know you are wearing them!
- Invisalign, which uses a series of clear plastic aligners instead of wires and metal to shift your teeth into the proper position.
- Clear ceramic braces, which straighten teeth like traditional braces but are made of clear materials so they blend in seamlessly with your smile.
No matter which option you choose, Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC provides both fixed and removable retainers after your treatment to ensure your smile remains straight and beautiful.
We Keep Your Dental Care Convenient
We want to make visiting our dentist office as convenient as possible for you. You’ll appreciate:
- Our central location. You’ll find us at 700 North Main Street, near the town square and the Crown Point Community Library.
- Our extended hours. We’re open until 7 p.m. on Wednesdays, and we offer Saturday hours to make it simple for you to schedule your appointments after work or school.
- Our latex-free environment. A latex allergy can be pretty problematic, but it’s never a problem in our latex-free office.
- Our free Wi-Fi. You won’t have to burn data to check email or otherwise multitask.