Dentures in Crown Point aren’t the newest way of replacing teeth. Still, they remain popular, and for good reason. They are:Get your smile back Read Transcript
I'm constantly amazed how many people I see that have ill-fitting and poor dentures. Dentures are an excellent method to improve aesthetics also, including more things than just the smile: the profile of your face. When we make dentures for people, we ask them to bring a high school photo or a wedding photo so we can see what your teeth used to look like and try to duplicate that.
When everybody thinks about dentures, they're... Normally think about aesthetics. Most people, when they think about dentures, think about aesthetics, but it's also important to chew, mastication. In order to be healthy, you need to chew the food before it goes down. If you can't do that, it affects your whole health picture. If you're exploring your options and then thinking about dentures, come to VB&K, and we can help you make that decision an informed decision.
- More affordable than some other teeth replacements
- Less invasive than dental implants
- Useful for replacing anywhere from a few missing teeth to an entire mouthful of teeth
Different Dentures Fit Different Needs
Your options include:
- A partial denture if you still have some of your own teeth. A partial denture can be fixed, meaning only a dentist can remove it, or removable, so you can take it out for cleaning or other reasons. A partial can be attached to your natural teeth or to teeth modified with dental crowns. It can also be attached to dental implants with no adhesives needed!
- Full dentures to replace a whole mouthful of missing teeth. Like a partial denture, they can be attached to dental implants. If so, you won’t need to use denture adhesive to keep them in place.
Our dentists at Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC can also fit you for temporary dentures before your teeth are removed. You can then wear them while your final restoration is being fabricated. This allows you to eat and enjoy normal oral function while your mouth heals.
Implant-Supported Teeth Replacements Offer Stability & ComfortDentures at VB&K DDS, LLC Read Transcript
Dentists try to help people keep their teeth for a lifetime. Many people, though, with periodontal disease and several broken, fractured teeth, cannot financially afford to repair each tooth with a root canal and a crown if they've got 20 teeth. There are other options, which are removable dentures. And there's complete dentures where all your teeth are gone, and then there are partial dentures that attach to your teeth where you still have some of your own teeth. We do both of those procedures. As a matter of fact, when someone needs a partial denture, we build them with the thought that maybe some of these anchor teeth may end up being lost in the future, so we build a partial denture that can be added onto. Sometimes partial dentures become complete dentures. One of the things we do are immediate dentures. Immediate dentures mean the teeth are extracted, the denture is immediately put in your mouth. The reason we do that is so you're not running around without teeth for any period of time. Really, I find that immediate dentures help you heal because they cover the wounds. When you extract someone's teeth and deliver a denture the same day, when you put it in their mouth, of course, they're numb. We always have a 24-hour post-op and we come the very next day. When they come the very next day, we take it out of their mouth—I’ll be the very first one to take it out of their mouth, and then we'll start the second half of this treatment, which is you getting used to this denture. You always have to consider dentures as an option for some people because they simply can't afford to buy root canals and crowns for every single tooth, but we do everything we can to help them keep their teeth as long as they possibly can.
One of the newest ways to wear lifelike dentures is securing them with dental implants. Again, this means you won’t need a messy adhesive. There are other benefits too. Your dentures will be:
- Stable – Because these dentures are attached to dental implants, you won’t experience embarrassing slippage. They also offer bite power similar to that of your natural teeth.
- Comfortable – Because they are attached to implants instead of sitting directly on your gums, they are more comfortable to wear.
- Better for Your Bones – Implants stimulate your jawbone much like natural tooth roots do, so you won’t lose bone density the way you can with traditional dentures.
To find out more about teeth replacements in Crown Point, call Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS, LLC at 219-641-3422. We’re centrally located just off the town square.