We have added new protocols at Van Buskirk & Krischke DDS to protect patients and our team members against COVID-19 and other infections. Read about our new procedures below. We welcome you to make an appointment at our open dentist office in Crown Point, IN! Feel free to call 219-641-3422 today.
Dear VB&K Patient,
We hope this letter finds you happy and healthy. We want to take a moment to remind you that our top priority is always your health, safety, and well-being. As we fully reopen our practice, we do so with the same caution, highest standards, and preparation for preventing the spread of infection that we always have and will continue to implement.
We are vigilant in monitoring and maintaining the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association for infection control related to COVID-19. Our existing protocols go above and beyond those recommendations to keep you safe.
We are always committed to implementing safety protocols. In addition to our existing extensive measures, you should anticipate noticing the following protective efforts when you enter our dental clinic:
- All patients answer a screening questionnaire. Appointments rescheduled if the risk of patient transmission of illness, including COVID-19 has been determined.
- Face shields will also be worn with masks and gloves by staff depending on procedure.
- Thorough disinfection of office and waiting area. Wiping down touch screens and credit card machines after each use and regularly disinfecting bathrooms, furniture, doors, and handles has always been implemented. No-touch hand sanitizer stations are also now available for staff and patient use.
- Highest standards of disinfecting protocol in our exam rooms. Disposable plastic wrap for furniture changed between patients and all surfaces disinfected with a chemical germicide between each patient has always been common practice. Now increased ventilation has been added to remove aerosols.
- Increased PPE for all staff who provide dental care. Gowns, face shields, and N95 masks have been added to our existing extensive protective gear.
- Aerosol control through High Volume Evacuation (HVE) during dental procedures. We have an existing HVE Adapter which helps remove more than 90% of aerosols created during procedures. Air purifiers that completely cycle the air, three times every hour, have been added to operatories.
In addition to our efforts, we ask for your cooperation and support with the following temporary safety measures as we work through this ever-changing situation:
- Maintain social distancing practices in our waiting room. Chairs will be six feet apart.
- Wait in your car upon arrival (if the waiting room is full) if possible. Give us a call to let us know you’ve arrived and we’ll notify you when we’re ready for you to come in.
- Have your temperature taken.
- Please do not bring friends or relatives who do not have a scheduled appointment if possible. Only scheduled patients will be allowed in the treatment areas. We understand if you are a caretaker or are assisting the disabled.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we all work towards maintaining the highest safety measures when you return to our practice. We promise to keep you updated through this dynamic situation. In the meantime, maintain good oral care and we look forward to seeing you in our now opened dental office!
Take Care and Stay Well,
Dr. J. Michael Krischke